There are lots of organizations in the mountains. We would like to list them all here; please do contact us if you would like to have your organization listed or if there are any errors with any of the information.
Community Service & Development
- Loma Prieta Amateur Radio Club Serving the Los Gatos Mountains community with emphasis on emergency preparedness and response
- Loma Prieta Community Foundation – The Loma Prieta Community Foundation (LPCF) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) foundation which serves the Loma Prieta community in the Santa Cruz Mountains of northern California.
- Loma Prieta Volunteer Fire and Rescue Volunteer Fire and Rescue serves in support of Cal Fire to protect the forest, farms, homes and above all the families along the Santa Cruz-Santa Clara County line in the Summit area south of Los Gatos.
- Summit CERT The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
- Redwood Estates Services Association
- Santa Cruz County Equine Evacuation Unit
- Santa Cruz Mountain Alliance – Community and local government working together to create positive change in our community.
Hobby & Recreation
News & Portals [commercial]
- Hiway17.com Community portal for the Hiway 17 corridor. Classified, news. discussion forums.
- Mountain Network News (MNN) Monthly news magazine mailed to all residents of the 95033 zip code. Carries articles, letters, photos, and ads of interest to the mountain community.
- R Community – a Social Community Directory connecting businesses and organizations to the communities they serve.
- Whole Mountain Source Book is an online resource for the unincorporated mountain area. The printed version comes out once a year and is somewhat like a yellow pages for the area.
- 95033Free Yahoogroup for the 95033 area based on the principles of Freecycling. Free Recycling is all about Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. It’s better for someone else to reuse your item than recycle the materials in it or have it end up as trash.
- 95033Talk A community based email discussion group for anyone living in the 95033 zip code or related areas (Santa Cruz Mountains/Los Gatos Mountains). Over 3500 people strong and growing.
- 95033Market Buy, sell, barter in the 95033 zip code using yahoogroup
- Loma Prieta Club – A local women’s social club
- The Mountain Area 55 Plus Program, sponsored by LPCF, meets at the Loma Prieta Community Center, Loma Prieta/C.T. English School, 23800 Summit Road in Los Gatos the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month (unless we’re on an excursion) from 10:30AM until 12:30PM — and we invite you to join us. The Program provides an opportunity to meet with neighbors in a friendly and welcoming environment — to socialize, play cards or other table games, listen to informative talks, exchange a book in the rotating library, take part in excursions to local points of interest and/or just make the program a short stop for a friendly chat and a cup of coffee or tea. For information or suggestions, call (650) 747-0605 or email email@example.com
Faith & Spiritual
School Support Organizations
- CTE Home and School Club The CT English HSC’s goal is to support teachers, staff, our principal, and student curriculum needs through money raised (e.g. materials, supplies, teacher staff appreciation activities) with coordinated volunteers for holiday fair fundraisers, Fun Night events, and hot lunch school services Monday through Friday.
- Loma Prieta Home & School Club The LPHSC’s goal is to promote cooperation and communication between homes, school and our greater community of Loma Prieta Elementary School by organizing fundraisers and assigning funds and services which would benefit K-5 students, faculty, and the community each school year.
- Loma Public Education Fund LPEF was created in 2001 and exists solely to raise money for the Loma Prieta Joint Union School District.
Other local Organizations [Informational]
- Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association The Santa Cruz Mountains Appellation is nestled in one of the most unique natural environments in the world. Mountain terrain, marine influence, varied micro-climates, and distinctive soils combine to produce some of the finest conditions for winegrowing. Now more than 70 wineries, most of them family-run, are flourishing here.